From HowardForums Wiki
Best House Design 2012 - For your modern lifestyle
The important part of designing a house include things like concept or theme, color, proportion, balance and function of design.
Although all interior designers are different, they are all an essential part of the look and feel of a house or a room in general.
Designers integrate the above seven elements of design to generate a particular experience that the house imparts.
The first and foremost in house design is the theme of the design. Some individuals may prefer a modern theme, some a traditional one, some a natural one and some others an artistic one. According to the theme that the occupant decides on, the color, the furniture, the accessories and the fabric that is used in the house will differ.
Furniture selection and the placement of furniture play an important part in House Design Brisbane.
If the furniture is not placed in coordination with the walls and spaces, there is a chance that the house will look cramped. The material of the furniture must also compliment the theme and the spatial statistics.
Accessories for the house can range from wall paintings to show pieces to draperies, blinds and curtains.
(1) The kitchen affects the rest of the home more than most people realise. You have to determine the layout and the features that you want here before you look at any other rooms because the kitchen is the hub of many homes.
(2) Design your living space to be open, with as much natural light as possible. Use windows and fewer walls to allow more natural light to flow in.
(3) Always make sure that function is the priority. Modern home planning is based on function. Make the space as useful as possible so that you don't have to add as much furniture later.
(4) Look for areas where you can add style and function at the same time. Getting a great design that works for your needs is a win-win for everyone.
(5) Consider whether you want a formal dining space or just a breakfast nook or bar. Some people like both, while others will choose one or the other. It doesn't matter, as long as you get what you need.
(6) Figure out where your television will go in the living area and design around it. While this might sound like a lot of power for such a small device, the TV is generally the centre of your living room and needs to have a space so that it is useful and accessible.
(7) Think about windows, where you want them and how many you want. Windows are important in modern home construction and will allow you to get the perfect amount of light for your needs.
(8) Get everything in writing. No matter what house design you choose or which contractor you hire, you need every single detail written in a contract so that you are protected. Of course, this protects the contractors as well, so it should be something that everyone is agreeable on. That way, the job will get done and there will be no qualms along the way.