Straight Talk Android
From HowardForums Wiki
This is a tutorial on using a GSM Android phone on Straight Talk with their $45/mo Unlimited plan.
The iPhone guide is located here
If you have any questions about this, the discussion thread on Hofo is located here
What you need
- 1. A GSM Android phone that can run on the AT&T or T-Mobile network. Any locked AT&T/T-Mobile sold or branded Android phone will work. The phone does not need to be "rooted".
- Heres a list of all AT&T branded Android smartphones
- Heres a list of all T-Mobile branded Android smartphones
- Unlocked Android phones will work, you need to check if it supports AT&T 3G or T-Mobile 3G frequencies
- 2. A Straight Talk SIM from http://www.straighttalksim.com
- If you have an AT&T phone, make sure you choose an AT&T SIM
- If you have a T-Mobile phone, make sure you choose a T-Mobile SIM
Activate the Straight Talk SIM according to the instructions on the red card included with the SIM
Data & MMS
In order to use Data (Mobile Web) and MMS on the Android, you must change the APN settings.
1. On the Android, turn off Wifi and then go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
2. Now you need to delete all the existing APNs. Tap on an existing APN. Then press the menu button, and click "Delete APN". Repeat until there are no more APNs listed. If for some reason the existing APNs are locked and your unable to delete them, download APN Backup & Restore from the Android Market and use that to delete them. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore
3. Press the menu button on the phone and choose "New APN"
4. Fill in the APN information based on the instructions from the red activation card. This can also be found here: http://straighttalksim.com/support.php (scroll down and choose AT&T or T-Mobile depending on which SIM you have)
5. Press the menu button again and choose "Save"
6. You may need to restart your phone to apply these settings. Data and MMS should work afterwards. Give it a minute to connect to the data network. If it doesn't work, verify that you entered everything exactly as is. One mistake can mean it won't work.
Even though Straight Talk advertises this plan as being Unlimited, numerous people have been cut off for using a lot of data. Bottom line is do not abuse your data on Straight Talk, if you do, they will close your account or disable your data. It is generally considered safe to use 2GB a month and 100MB a day. You can use 3G Watchdog (from the Market) to monitor your data usage.
There is a discussion about this and more tips on this matter here
Calling Customer Service
Tracfone has a Miami Corporate Office which offers better support than their regular Customer Service: 1-800-876-5753. Another good support avenue is through their Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StraightTalkWireless