Guide: Carnaval and anySIM 1.1 - Virgin iPhones v1.1.1 WINDOWS
From HowardForums Wiki
This method is to be used with virgin 1.1.1 iPhones ONLY.
Jailbreak, Activate, YouTube fix, Unlock:
1. Download Brasuco's Carnaval:
- CARNAVAL now installs the new version of Installer.app
- CARNAVAL now installs anySIM 1.1 (you can uninstall it through Installer.app after you're done unlocking)
- CARNAVAL now leaves your iPhone in compatibility with iBrickr and similar applications (full jailbreak)
Follow all the onscreen instruction it will help you jailbreak, activate, fix YouTube, and install installer.app on your iPhone.
**Note: There are 4 reboots in this process don't skip any. Also make sure you set you iPhone to "Never" Auto-Lock. And make sure your iPhone stays connected to you WiFi and to your computer through all the steps.
Also if the jailbreak link suggested by Carnaval doesnt work try one of these instead: jailbreak.toc2rta.com/e.tif or http://jailbreak.kengz.com
You should get this four screenshots and reboot the phone 4 times in the process.
2. Now using the installer app on your iPhone install "BSD Subsystem", and "Community Sources"
At this point your iPhone should be jailbroken, Activated, and the installer app and anySIM 1.1 should be installed.
Unlocking with anySIM 1.1:
3. anySIM 1.1 should have been installed by Carnaval all you need to do it and run it. Make sure you iPhone is set to "Never" Auto-Lock. You dont need to have a sim card in the iPhone to run anySIM even dough it says so.
4. Now to uninstall anySIM 1.1 go to the installer.app on your iPhone and select uninstall and select anySIM 1.1 and uninstall it.
Removing the installer.app
If you want to remove the installer app on your iPhone follow these steps below.
5. Install openSHH using the installer app on the iPhone. Look under "Install" then "All Packages"
6.Next start up WinSCP: -Connect to your iPhone using WinSCP (user: root password: alpine)
-press login after your screen on WinScp looks like this ^ (user: root password: alpine)
7. The files on your left in WinSCP are your local computer files and the files on the right are the iPhone files.
8. To delete anySIM from your phone after you unlocked it. Using WinSCP just delete the folder Installer.app in the applications folder by right clicking it and selecting "Delete" and restarting your iPhone.
Your iPhone should now be activated, jailbroken, YouTube should be working, and unlocked if you used anySIM 1.1
Thanks to Brasuco for Carnaval
Screen shots by "Sir ZRX"
--GeeK.dLL 11:57, 5 November 2007 (CST)
ALTERNATIVE METHOD TO INSTALLING anySIM 1.1 After you run CARNAVAL successfully and you want to install anySIM 1.1 without using WinSCP try this:
1. Open installer and update it to Installer 3
2. Restart Installer 3
3. Click on "Sources"
4. Edit (top right)
5. Add (left)
6. Type: http://iphone.blurgle.ca/repo
8. It will install the AnySim option
9. Refresh sources
10.Go back to "Install" and look under "System" to find and install AnySim 1.1
11.After you use AnySim to unlock, uninstall both anysim and the new source
--GeeK.dLL 12:13, 28 October 2007 (CDT)