From HowardForums Wiki
to fix the 'security code' problem on a Razr V3c, TRY the following. It WORKED for me when default "000000" failed to work. Settings > Initial Setup > Master Reset; To reset all options, you need to enter the Security Code 183729. After that you can then reset your new security code to whatever you want, including back to default "000000". reference: see http://www.telusmobility.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_123F1937D30EF5416C5934E83E6BE92840874400/filename/motorola_razr_vc3_user_guide.pdf (pg 74)
Modding your Motorola RAZR V3c
NOTE: This information only applies to the Motorola V3C Razr from Verizon.
There are various software (aka firmware) versions available for your Verizon V3C phone... (other carriers may vary..)
To check which version you have... On the phone.... Menu -> Setting & Tools -> System -> Device Info -> Other Info -> S/W Version
Initial Verizon release version. For some reason, the ability to do Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers as well as make use of the MultiMedia Studio (aka MMS) features of Motorola Phone Tools (aka MPT) are ENABLED, and no hacks/seem edits are needed.
Second released version of the firmware. There are NO release notes as to what was fixed. HOWEVER Bluetooth OBEX File Transfers do NOT work and it appears the actual CODE has been removed from the phone. Also, the ability to use the MultiMedia Studio features of Motorola Phone Tools MPT are now DISABLED on the phone, BUT a seem edit will fix this (Seem 2742, Bytes (h) 90, Record 1, Offset 6A, set Bit0=1).
Current Verizon release version on new phones. Also available as an upgrade at a Verizon store. Some changes include orange outer LCD display as well as changes to the way you operate ring modes from the outside of the phone. What is drastically improved upon is phone speed for those of you who have slow RAZR's.
What IS IMPORTANT is that the new upgrade DOES NOT DISABLE OBEX OR MMS on phones with .02 and OBEX abilities (as of 4/06). It appears as if it is a patch only. THOSE WITH .03 WILL NOT GAIN THIS ABILITY AS IT HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CODE. If you want OBEX, you need to downgrade to .02 then reflash to .04. Click here. for the painful process of flashing to .02.
Be sure to use Motorola PST v7.23 or newer when flashing a V3c! Also, Motorola RSD Lite v. 2.5 works for .02 flashing and is easier to find than PST.
Verizon will NOT return/exchange your phone if they can prove you have modified it in anyway!!!
Use this link for the tutuorial on completely replacing the Verizon Firmware with Alltel's
To enter the secret menu mode flip open phone and quickly enter:
#073887* (Aka #0setup*)
then enter the phone security code (000000 by default, or perhaps 236197 for a Bell Mobility Phone)
Changing between EV-DO and 1x mode
1) First, enter field test mode by quickly entering from the main screen:
##33284 (aka ##DEBUG)
You'll notice that the 4 won't display.
2) Hit the <END CALL> key to return to the main screen.
3) Quickly enter <CLR> and then the left soft key. This will display FTS. Hitting <CLR> <left softkey> again will return to the main screen if you'd like to cancel.
4) Enter the <right softkey> 3 times. You should see a screen where the first entry is:
5) Enter the <down> key 8 times. There should be a '>' next to this selection:
HDR Pref: auto
(or HDR Pref: cdma if you're already in 1x mode).
6) Enter the <right softkey> (it should say CHANGE above it) until it says the option you want. The possible options are:
'auto': default - automatically search for both EV-DO & 1x 'cdma': search only for 1x 'hdr' : search only for EV-DO
7) Enter <left softkey> to exit (it'll say EXIT above it). If you changed this value to anything different, the phone will restart at this point, even tho FTS will remain running.
8) When the phone is back up again (you can tell when the FTS screen says FTS again), quickly enter <CLR> <left softkey> to leave FTS mode.
9) enter ##33284 quickly again from the main screen to deactivate FTS mode. Again you're successful if the 4 does not display.
Describes how both .02 and .03 firmware can be utilized to allow Media transfer without reflashing entire phone.