Some Page Plus FAQ's
- A minimum $10 refill will keep your account active for 4 months.
- Standard service ranges from $0.04 to $0.10 per minute, depending on size of refill.
- Only $0.50 service charge per month.
- Uses the Verizon prepaid network.
- Internet via 1xRTT and EVDO - $1.20/MB and no airtime.
- Free low-speed Internet via QNC or dial-up (available on some phones), although this service is unsupported by Page Plus.
- A strong user and dealer supported community on Howard Forums.
Source(s): Page Plus FAQ's (section)
The Page Plus Coverage Map has been updated to reflect the additional coverage provided by the Verizon/Alltel merger.
Click on the map in order to zoom in or use the "Locator" tool.
This compares to the Verizon Prepaid coverage located here - Verizon "Coverage Locator" tool. You must select "Prepaid" and click "Refresh Map" to view prepaid coverage.
What plans are available?
- Standard Rate Plan (PAYGO, see "rates") - http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Standard%20Plan.aspx
- Night & Weekend Plan (9 PM nights) - 99c/day - http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/UNW%20Plan.aspx
- Annual Plan 2,000 minutes for 365 days for $80
- Power Text - Texts/month: 2,000 for $10.95, Unlimited for $19.95 - http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Power%20Text.aspx
- Talk n Text 1200 - 1,200 voice minutes + 3,000 texts + 250MB - $29.95/month - http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Talk%20n%20Text%201200.aspx
- Unlimited Talk n Text - Unlimited voice and texts + 200MB - $39.95/month - http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Unlimited%20Talk%20n%20Text.aspx
Note: A Page Plus "month" is actually one month, for example February would be 28 or 29 days and the corresponding 30 or 31-day months would work the same way. You will actually net a few extra days over the course of 1 year of service when compared to a typical 30-day plan.
What are the standard voice rates (PAYGO)?
The followings will give you some idea, please check [PP’s website] for authorized answer. Actual costs may be slightly lower due to a bonus given on higher denomination cards.
Note: this is for the standard plan. The Unlimited Talk n Text plan does not give a dollar bonus for the higher denomination cards, only the face value amount is added to your balance.
|Voice Minute||Text||Roaming Minute||Monthly Fee|
|Card /||/ Bonus Added /||/ Minutes /||/ Rate per Minute* /||/ Actual Minute Cost**|
* This is the rate deducted per minute for the current active card. The rate will change to the new card when the balance of the current card is used up. Note that if a call is in progress when the balance is used up, the old rate applies for the duration of the call.
** This is the approximate actual cost per minute based on the face value of the card divided by number of minutes for the card. It does not take into account the 50¢ monthly fee which would increase your actual cost per minute. Also, getting discounted cards would decrease your actual cost per minute. See "Some sites that sell PP refills".
This has been updated as of 02/08/2010 to match the NEWEST RATES.
Where to get a phone?
- Buy directly from Page Plus. The selection is tiny and overpriced but all the features will work out of the box. These are the ONLY handsets (known) that work with the App/Ringtone/Wallpaper Store.
- Buy any new or used Verizon postpaid phone. (Older non-E911 units will work too.) The ESN must be clean, meaning not blacklisted due to the owner not paying his/her Verizon bill or the handset being stolen, or reported lost/missing.
- Port your current Verizon phone (
- Prepaid Verizon phones are now completely banned and are no longer an option, new or used as of late January 2010. Grandfathered phones still active will be allowed to remain on Page Plus but ANY changes in plan status (swapping esns to another phone that isn't banned, switching plans to another type) will automatically be a one way ticket to the ban list.
- Sprint (and Sprint MVNO) handsets are by far, the most difficult. All handset are locked, The OTA activation is incompatible. The MMS system (Picture Mail) is incompatible. IMHO, these handsets are more or less for serious hackers only. Virgin handsets are PCS 1900 MHz only - don't even bother.
- Other CDMA phones (Cricket, USCC, unbranded etc.) are more compatible and are often unlocked so you can at least do some manual programming to get basic voice and text functionality and get OTA activation to work. YMMV.
Page Plus handsets and non-banned Verizon PDAs (Windows & Android) will do internet upon activation. ALL other handsets will require hacking to get WAP/internet working. Not all Verizon handsets have been successfully used for internet on Page Plus. Consult the tutorials for handsets that have been successfully provisioned for data.
A new low-end Android 2.1 phone, the Motorola Citrus for Verizon is currently $50 on Amazon; it's $80 from Page Plus directly. I just ordered one.
How to get the service?
If you are activating new service, visit http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1636494-gt-gt-List-of-Dealers-lt-lt for a list of Page Plus dealers who will be able to activate the phone.
To program your phone with Page Plus over the air (OTA), dial *22890 and press the send key.
If you are porting a current number to Page Plus, call the customer service number found on https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Support/Contact%20Customer%20Service.aspx. Ask for the "Porting Department". It’s free but you won't get any minutes (100 minutes or $12 balance) to try out the service. In some areas, Page Plus may not have a local number for you. You may activate/port your phone to Verizon Inpulse first. Verizon won’t hold the number, so you can port it to Page Plus immediately. If this is a new Inpulse phone, you might want to use up the $10 bonus before you port. When you port from Inpulse or other prepaid, all Page Plus needs to know about your account is the 4-digit PIN, usually the last 4 digits of your Inpulse phone number.
How does porting work?
Porting is the process of moving your MDN (phone number) from one carrier to another. In general the procedure is as follows:
-- Porting cancels the account you are porting from.
-- You will be responsible for any ETF's if you are still under contract (postpaid).
-- If you are porting INTO an ACTIVE Page Plus account, your current TnT plan and/or balance WILL BE LOST!!
- Contact your current carrier to get the required information.
- Contact Page Plus porting department or a Page Plus Dealer to initiate the port and provide them with the required information
- If you are lucky, the port will complete in a few hours, if not, prepare for the possibility that it could take several days
- You must call Page Plus for status reports. If something gets hung up, you can push the process along by facilitating communication between the two carriers.
How to change my phone?
Visit http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507086 for a list of Page Plus dealers willing to provide free services.
How to check my balance?
When you make a call, you’ll hear an announcement for how many minutes you have for that call. If you don’t like this, you can call Page Plus to disable this feature. When your balance is low (below $5), you’ll receive an alert text message (SMS) from Page Plus.
You can check your balance anytime by calling 1-877-359-6695 from any phone or dialing #737 on your Page Plus phone (free). Here are some dial strings to try:
#737pppp1pp1234567890#pppp1p3 Or #737pp1pXXXXXXXXXX#ppp1p3 Or #737pp1xxxxxxxxxx#ppp13 Or (on Android) #737,,1xxxxxxxxxx#,,,,,,13+
The "p" (or comma) is a pause, which can be added when you are entering a number in contacts by selecting "Options" and then "Add Pause" (may be different depending on your phone).
Use whichever dial string works for your phone and add it to your contact for convenience.
How to add money?
You can buy a refill online. Or, use a US Bank ATM machine (you can use any ATM card, not necessarily issued by USB, and no fee will be charged). If you buy it from PP’s Yahoo store or on an ATM, the money is added to your phone immediately. Otherwise, you need to call #737 on your PP phone or 1-877-359-6695 on any phone to add the refill into any PP phone as long as you know the #.
Some sites that sell PP refills:
PagePlusCA.com (nationwide authorized dealer) http://www.pageplusca.com/product-category/plans/
Trinity Global Communications http://www.tglobalc.com $10 http://www.pagepluscellular.com
$9.90 http://www.callingmart.com (instant PINs although you might get a verification call. Can be good if coupons are applied. 6% for $80 cards. However, some hassle if you trigger their wholesaler status. Drivers license check and all that nonsense.)
$10 http://www.wirelezz.net (Discounts no longer good for single purchases as of 2009-November. Discounts if buying 10 or more. PINs are manually acquired, so there will be a delay as it will be emailed to you. However, if you want it faster, call them during their business hours.)
Check the ever popular "Cheap Places to Refill?" thread for the latest online discount deals. (Go to the last pages.)
How to check the expiration date?
If you are on a call on your PP phone, you’ll hear the expiration date announcement at the end of the call after the other side hang up. But this does not always work. When your phone is approaching its expiration date, a prompt voice will mind you the date after you place a call.
Any refill is for 120 days, but count it on 119 days or less due to the confusion on the definition of “Midnight”. If you refill before the expiration, all your minutes will be rolled over to another 120 days. If you don’t refill, all your minutes will disappear but your phone # will be held for 30 more days.
The best way to track expiration is to use www.rememberthemilk.com. You can add a task for each phone you have and make it to repeat after 120 days. When the time is due, it’ll email you an alert. Every time you add a refill, complete the task and it’ll re-start the task automatically for another 120 days, very convenient. Again, count on 119 days or less instead to be safe.
Having read above, you might say: sounds too good to be true, what's the catch? There is indeed a small monthly fee: 50 cents are deducted on 25th of every month. That's not much (unless you're using very few minutes per month). This is why I spent my precious time to write this FAQ, PP is this incredible and unbelievable. For those who are still paying $$ or $$$ monthly and on 2-year contracts, they don't know what they've been missing until they discover this forum.
How to check my voicemail?
Dial *86 or #RET (#738), or just dial your own #. No air minutes charge if you use a landline phone to call your PP # and then press # during the greetings to access your mailbox.
Any free nights and weekends?
Yes, please check PP’s website. This FAQ cannot cover all the issues but some questions frequently asked in this forum.
Why does my phone show roaming?
Somehow on some phones (mostly EV-DO phones and quite often on the Motorola handsets) the roaming triangle pops out solid whenever you are out of your home area and in many instances, even when you are in your home area with native Verizon coverage. In such a case, the phone is still on Verizon’s network and you won’t be charged at roaming rate. From the following link, you can find the SID(s) for the area where you use your phone and add them to the SID/NID pair list in your phone. Then, in many but not all cases, the phone won’t show the roaming triangle in these areas except that you are really roaming (on the Extended Network). Or try dial *22888 that worked for some users.
How to update my roaming list (PRL)?
Dial *228, then press 2, or *22891.
When I make a call Pageplus first informs me of my current balance, can I turn that off?
Yes, but you will need to call Pageplus customer service at (800) 550-2436, or dialing #22273, i.e. #CCARE, on your phone.
You can also "Submit a ticket" on the PagePlus website by clicking here: Submit a Ticket -- Explain that you would like to remove your "pre-call announcement."
Two Page Plus numbers on one handset?
It has been done, but you will have to go through Page Plus customer service or technical support to walk you through it. Most handsets have NAM 1 and NAM 2 for this purpose.
Can I get a number in another state?
Yes. For new activations, simply provide the zip code for the area you want. The zip code must be within the Page Plus service area. (Alltel has yet to be integrated in some areas,)
How do I port my number and handset from Straight Talk?
- Using instructions on StraightTalk's site, get the MEID of your handset.
- Call Page Plus' porting department and tell them you want to port your number over, as well as the MEID you just obtained.
- In approximately 24-48hr, the port should be complete and you can *22890 to re-program your phone.
- Make an outgoing call to activate service.
WalMart scanned my new InPulse handset. Can I still put it on Page Plus?
The Walmart scan has nothing to do with activation on Verizon prepaid. It is a security measure to ensure stolen/unaccounted for esn Verizon prepaid phones so they cannot be activated on Verizon prepaid. But no, you CAN'T use it on Page Plus regardless. Unfortunately, ALL Verizon Prepaid handsets old and new are unable to be activated because of a recent ban on most Verizon mvnos including Page Plus, to not be able to activate prepaid phones any longer.
However, if it is a used or refurbished NON PREPAID phone, it may be used. Such phones still active after the ban are still allowed but will no
longer be allowed back onto the Page Plus system in the event of a plan change, esn swap or any action to take the phone off of the plan it is
already on for any reason.
I have the Unlimited TnT plan. What happens when I use up my 200 MB of data?
- If you have a balance: You are debited 5c/MB
- If you have NO balance: It has been reported that your browser will stop working and you get an error message when you try to use data.
What is the text message address for SMS & MMS messages?
- email@example.com is for SMS.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is for MMS messages.
How do I change my phone number?
WARNING: Changing your phone number will cancel out your existing balance!!!
You can call customer service to get your number changed. There is no charge for this service (other than the loss of any existing balance).